Crunchy Taco Cups That Are Healthy!
These Crunchy Taco Cups are tempting appetizers that everyone will love! They are so easy to make and will be the hit of the party! Best of all they are healthy, low fat and low in calories! You can party and stay on track.
These Crunchy Taco Cups are going to be the hit of the party!
The typical Taco Cup is nearly 200 calories and loaded with saturated fat! These little spicy bites are only 44 calories! YUM!
They are so simple to make and easy to spice to your liking. If you want a kick, just add more cayenne. If you have some partiers that might not enjoy the burn, just dial it down. You could even swap the poblano for a bell pepper.
Crunchy Taco Cups That Are Healthy
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 8 ounces refried beans, vegetarian I like Amy's Refried Black Beans
- 1 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne optional
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup poblano pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped optional
- 1/4 cup non-dairy cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat a mini muffin tin with olive oil.
- Combine vegetarian refried beans with Chili powder, Cumin, Garlic, and Cayenne.
- Line muffin tin with wonton wrappers. Add approximately 1 Tbsp of bean mixture. Top with onions, peppers, tomatoes and non-dairy cheese (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden brown.
- Top with cilantro and enjoy!
We like these so much at my house that we make them for dinner. Why not?! A few healthy Crunchy Taco Cups, a little pico de gallo, and lots of guacamole and its party time for dinner!
If you want truly plant based Crunchy Taco Cups (most wonton wrappers contain eggs) you can find vegan wonton wrappers in the store, but it is challenging. You might try these recipes for vegan wontons –
Vegan Wonton Dumpling Wrappers [It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken]
Vegan Wonton Wrappers [Cilantro and Citronella]
Remember, if you keep it plant based you eliminate all of the cholesterol!
Pin it for later!
If you like these Crunchy Taco Cups that are Healthy you will love this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip, too!
I am so EXCITED when you make a recipe from here! Share your pics and tag #intentionallyeat with your fab shots of healthy food! Show us what you’re eating!
Share your weight loss story, struggle, victory, recipe or just drop a hello!
Facebook – Intentionally Eat
Pinterest – Intentional Eat
Instagram – @IntentionallyEat
P.S. Calories are based on not using the optional ingredients.