This Vegan Cranberry Bliss Cake is sweet, tart and bursting with holiday flavor. The perfect dessert for Thanksgiving, Christmas, any holiday or any time! This cake is cholesterol free, dairy free, and vegan, but no one will know it.
This Vegan Cranberry Bliss Cake is going to be a great addition to your holiday menu!
Are you thinking about the holidays yet? I love cooking for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I don't love all of the calories. My holidays used to consist of pies, candies, cakes, cookies, fudge, and sugary breads before I lost 125 lbs. Now I am pretty particular about what I eat and it better be worth the calories. It's so disappointing when you eat something and you regret it immediately because it just wasn't worth it. Trust me this cake is worth it. If you like sweet and tart you will like this cake.
Looking for more Holiday Vegan Recipes?
What's in a vegan cake?
Most non-vegan cakes have eggs, however vegan cakes do not. If you are trying to veganize your favorite childhood cake recipe you don't necessarily need to use an egg replacer. Sometimes egg replacers can cause vegan cakes to become sunken and heavy. I suggest using a recipe that is already vegan like this one.
Tips for making this Vegan Cranberry Bliss Cake
To make your cake as light as possible make sure your oven is at the temperature necessary for at least fifteen minutes before you put your cake in.
Have your cake pan ready in advance. If you leave your batter while you deal with your cake pan, it has a chance to lose air and go flat, leading to less rising and a denser texture.
Cream the vegan butter and sugar together to capture air bubbles. Make sure to measure your flour exactly. Too much can contribute to a dense cake. I like to use a whisk and stir my flour before measuring.
Be sure to grease and flour your pan, otherwise your cake could stick. If you don't flour the pan the cake will soak up the oil and could become soggy.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- All purpose flour
- Baking Powder & Soda (I suggest aluminum free)
- Vegan Butter - I recommend Earth Balance Buttery Sticks or Miyoko's.
- Granulated sugar & powdered sugar (I suggest organic because some sugars are not vegan since they are sifted through bone char.)
- Vegan Sour Cream- there are a lot of different brands and I haven't found one that is much better than the other.
- Cranberries - fresh or frozen. If you don't like a lot of tartness, I suggest chopping the cranberries, but I like them whole.
- Lemon zest - its optional, but it adds a nice zip.
- Cinnamon & cloves - these spices add a nice warmth to the cake.
- Almond milk - you can use any plant based milk.
- Applesauce - I prefer unsweetened so you can control the amount of sweetness in the cake.
- Vanilla extract - you can sub almond extract.
Vegan Cranberry Bliss Cake is ...
Vegan Cranberry Bliss Cake
Vegan Cranberry Bliss Cake
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup cranberries
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 3 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 10" bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With a mixer, beat together vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add lemon zest, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cloves, applesauce and vegan sour cream. Beat until well combined, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Do not overmix. Fold in the cranberries.
- Transfer into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Then flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and almond milk to make the glaze. Drizzle over the cake once it has cooled.
Did you make Vegan Cranberry Bliss Cake?
NEED HELP ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
JOIN MY FUN-N-FIT GROUP!
28 MINUTE WORKOUTS, 5X’S A WEEK, IN YOUR HOME
HEALTHY EATING PLAN EVERY WEEK
+ THE SUPPORT YOU NEED
FIND OUT MORE –CLICK HERE.
NEED HELP ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY? JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP OF INTENTIONAL EATERS AND FIND THE SUPPORT YOU NEED.