Best Vegan White Chili
Best Vegan White Chili is a delicious twist on the traditional white chicken chili. It's loaded with vegetables, beans and kicked with spice, all in a creamy broth of coconut milk, vegetable broth and salsa verde. This meatless White Bean Chili is sure to be a hit for a quick, healthy dinner.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil optional - water saute
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, diced can sub bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, diced leave seeds for more heat
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne optional for heat
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz salsa verde
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder can sub cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, poblano and jalapeno. Saute, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, cayenne and cook for one minute, continuing to stir.
Add garbanzo beans, cannellini beans, salsa verde, coconut milk and vegetable broth. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
While the chili is rising to a simmer, mix arrowroot powder with 1 tablespoon water making sure there are no lumps.
Reduce heat to medium low and add arrowroot slurry. Stir to combine and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice and add salt and pepper or adjust seasonings if you need to.
Garnish and enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 12g