Tangy Greek Chickpea Salad
This Tangy Greek Chickpea Salad is loaded with tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onion, olives, and of course, chickpeas. It's topped with a dressing that's as easy to make as shaking a bottle of store bought. You'll have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (save the brine for aquafaba)
- 1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive brine
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Add drained chickpeas and artichokes to a large mixing bowl.
Add chopped cucumber, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and olives.
In a separate bowl or mason jar, mix olive oil, apple cider vinegar, olive brine, and seasonings.
Pour dressing over salad and toss. You can enjoy immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator. Leftovers can be kept up to 3 days. Enjoy!
* Click here for Minimalist Baker's Aquafaba recipes. You will learn how you can use chickpea brine instead of eggs. It will save you fat, cholesterol and calories!
** I really like white pepper. If you haven't tried it, it's very peppery yet more subtle than black pepper. I'm not a fan of black pepper and if you aren't either, you might find you like white.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.6g | Protein: 4.3g | Fat: 16.1g | Fiber: 4.4g