Coco-Nutty No Bake Cookies
Have you ever watched a commercial advertising some delicious and delectable looking food and then couldn’t get the image out of your mind? Well, that’s kinda what happened to me. I did a Throw Back Thursday post on Facebook and talked about what school lunches looked like as kids. My favorite happened to be No-Bake cookie day, well, that was all it took. I began thinking about them. Dreaming about them. Obsessing about them.
Now, most of you know that I do not believe in dieting, but enjoying things in moderation. The key to that is knowing if you
can want to moderate it. I don’t want to moderate No-Bakes. I want to eat the pan! I CAN, of course, but I don’t want to. Know thyself, right?!
That’s where this recipe came about. I decided to try to make the No-Bakes a bit healthier and see if I wanted to enjoy them in moderation. I think you will agree, these are amazing and best of all they lasted more than a day at my house. Win!
Ingredients for Coco-nutty No Bake Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/2 coconut oil
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions for Coco-Nutty No Bake Cookies
- In a medium pot, over medium-low heat, melt peanut butter, agave, and coconut oil. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats, shredded coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Spread into a 9×13 pan and press firmly.
- Refrigerate until firm. Slice into squares and enjoy!
Recipe Tips for Coco-Nutty No Bake Cookies
1. Peanut allergies? Use whatever nut butter you prefer.
2. Gluten-free? Sub oats for GF variety.
2. Remember to store these in the fridge. They contain coconut oil which will become soft at room temperature.
Can’t don’t want to eat them in moderation? Freeze them and savor them slowly.
If you like these Coco-Nutty No Bake Cookies, you will LOVE these Black Bean Brownies!
Remember to PIN these if you don’t have time to run to the stove now. When you do get around to making them, let me know what you think.