The Easiest Healthy Banana Bread
Hi, I’m Cindy and I’m a bread head. I’m serious. I could eat an entire loaf without blinking an eye. In order to handle my addiction, I bake for others. I will have a slice or two (or three) and then the rest goes to friends or family.
I decided to create The Easiest Healthy Banana Bread recipe because I had a lot of black bananas – duh. Isn’t that why everyone makes banana bread? Even though I wanted to make the bread, I wanted to make it a little healthier, so after some trial and error this is the BEST BANANA BREAD EVER!
What’s the secret?
Pin it and give it as a gift! Best present ever!
Vegan Buttermilk! It makes it moist, dense, and full of flavor!
Let’s get to the recipe!
Ingredients for the Easiest Healthy Banana Bread
3 very ripe bananas – mashed
1/2 cup vegan butter (or regular butter, but it won’t be low in cholesterol and fat)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup flour (can sub gluten-free)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 dashes of stevia (you can increase the brown sugar to 1 cup, but it won’t be as healthy)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened (can use cow milk, but it adds fat and cholesterol)
1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup organic cinnamon chips (can omit and add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon instead)
Instructions for the Easiest Healthy Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF, grease your 9″ loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside until ready to use. This will make a vegan buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and stevia.
- Add bananas, vanilla, milk mixture and beat.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients, cinnamon chips and nuts (if using)
- Pour the batter into your greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35-45 min or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Tip- you can make mini loaves for the perfect breakfast or snack size + they make great gifts! Just bake them for approximately 10 minutes less.
Let me know what you think @intentionallyeat! I can smell the bread baking now!
If you like bread-y things, try my Perfect Pumpkin Muffins! MMMmmmmm!