Perfect Pumpkin Muffins
These are the Perfect Pumpkin Muffins – no joke! And everyone loves pumpkin this time of year, right?! You see pumpkin drinks, cookies, cakes, etc. I’ve even seen pumpkin potato chips! Really, I’m not joking. I think that sounds disgusting, but to each his own.
When I weighed nearly 300 lbs , I would eat the popular brand of packaged muffins and think I was eating healthy because after all, it was a muffin. Little did I know then that those muffins have 13.5 teaspoons of sugar and 660 calories! I’m not kidding!
This is my pumpkin creation to add to the mix, but unlike all of the above, you won’t find chemical crud in these muffins. They are healthy and amazing. I enjoy all types of muffins, but these are my go-to favorites, because they are the PERFECT Pumpkin Muffin. Yummy!
You are going to want to PIN these for later!
Now you could bake a pumpkin and make your puree naturally, but I didn’t so don’t judge me. I used canned, however it was organic. You do whatever works for you.
Let’s get to the good stuff!
Perfect Pumpkin Muffins Ingredients
- 1 – 15 ounce can Pumpkin puree
- 2 egg replacements (eggs if vegetarian)
- 1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar (or 1 tsp Stevia)
- 4 T Molasses
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cloves, ground
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Natural cinnamon chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup Pecans, chopped (optional)
The great thing about vegan eggs – you can lick the bowl without fear!
How to Make Perfect Pumpkin Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Paper-line or grease muffin tin.
- COMBINE flour, spices, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugars, molasses, pumpkin, eggs, oil in large mixing bowl; beat until just blended. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir just until moistened. Add cinnamon chips and nuts, if using. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Tip: If making mini muffins – bake 15 – 17 minutes.
I like to have these as a healthy snack with some almond milk or as a quick breakfast (they freeze beautifully) with a protein shake.
Remember to share the health – PIN, Facebook, Tweet – however you communicate with friends and family.
Let me know how much you love them!
PS – if you like muffins, try my Easy Blueberry Muffins!