These Savory Mushroom Tarts are perfect for your holiday gathering or party. This vegan mushroom tart appetizer recipe is full of flavor filled into a flaky pie crust.
These Savory Mushroom Tarts are one of my favorite appetizers.
When I weighed nearly 300 lbs, I never ate portobello mushrooms. I used to buy canned mushrooms to top homemade pizzas, but never bought fresh. Once I discovered how delicious fresh mushrooms were I started eating button, crimini, shitake, oyster, porcini and more.
Are mushrooms good for you?
Healthline.com says, “For many years they’ve been used for their unique ability to add flavor in lots of different cultures’ cuisines. Although they’re actually fungi, mushrooms are lumped in the vegetable category for cooking purposes. Mushrooms allow you to add extra taste without sodium or fat.” Click HERE to learn more.
What are the benefits of portobellos?
Portobellos are powerhouses of nutrients. They contain B vitamins, copper, selenium, fiber, and vitamin D. They may help fight cancer, high blood pressure, inflammation, diabetes and more. See what Dr. Axe says about them, click HERE.
Savory Mushroom Tarts
- 1 large portabello mushroom
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 Flaky Vegan Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add mushrooms, thyme and liquid aminos and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Roll pie dough into 2 inch balls and place in a mini muffin pan. Press the center of the ball down to form a cup to hold the filling.
- Place filling into the pie dough cups and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow tarts to cool. Remove from muffin pan, serve and enjoy!
Remember to PIN this for later!
If you want even more apps to choose from, then check out this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip! YUM!
Did you make these Savory Mushroom Tarts?
Need help on your weight loss journey? Join my Facebook group of Intentional Eaters and find the support you need.