This Tangy Greek Chickpea Salad is loaded with tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onion, olives, and of course, chickpeas. It's topped with a dressing that's as easy to make as shaking a bottle of store bought. You'll have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Tangy Greek Chickpea Salad
Do you love tangy foods? Do you love that zesty flavor that you get from vinegar and olives? Me, too!
Think crunchy and fresh with a big snappy flavor. You can use a variety of different vegetables you might have on hand, but I've found this combo is delish! I highly recommend using Kalamata olives. If you haven't tried them, you're missing out. They add so much to this tangy greek chickpea salad.
I'm even using my go-to, easy vinaigrette dressing. Let's do this!
This easy recipe comes together in 20 minutes!
Less if you chop quickly - not too quickly, be safe and keep all your fingers. You can make it in a flash for a quick, light summer meal, salad or side dish. It's great to take to a potluck, especially since it is vegan and gluten-free!
As I mentioned, you could use whatever veg you want and have on hand. It's a great salad for using up all of those garden zucchini that seem to ripen all at the same time. You could simply sub zucchini for some or all of the cucumber. I've tried it with and without artichokes and I definitely like it with them. They give it an even zippier tang.
I hope you LOVE this Tangy Greek Chickpea Salad as much as I do! It's
Easy to make
I like to eat it with pita bread, dolmas, hummus, and/or pakoras. I love it in a wrap. Just smear some hummus on an organic tortilla and top it with the salad. Heck, yes!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and remember to tag a picture #intentionallyeat on Instagram. I love seeing what you are serving it with!
If you like are looking for more recipes to serve with this salad check out
If you are looking for a great dessert to serve afterwards check out my 5 Nice Cream recipes! Simple, healthy, creamy and delicious.
Tangy Greek Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (save the brine for aquafaba)
- 1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ medium bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive brine
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Add drained chickpeas and artichokes to a large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped cucumber, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and olives.
- In a separate bowl or mason jar, mix olive oil, apple cider vinegar, olive brine, and seasonings.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss. You can enjoy immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator. Leftovers can be kept up to 3 days. Enjoy!