Healthy Snowball Cookies for your Holiday or Christmas gathering. This holiday recipe will remind you of the traditional tender, buttery cookie you grew up with, but this one is dairy free and cholesterol free!
Healthy Snowball Cookies
You can call them Snowballs, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes…
whatever you call them, they are the perfect dessert after your holiday meal or addition to your cookie exchange. These cookies always remind me of Christmas and have become a holiday favorite.
These Healthy Snowball Cookies have less saturated fat, are dairy free and have no cholesterol, but no one will ever miss it!
I have made these cookies a little healthier, but if you need another delicious dish to go with this plant-based recipe give this Spicy Cranberry Salsa a try. Its spicy, sweet and easy to make.
What is the difference vegan butter and butter?
One major difference, is vegan butter is plant based and no animals are harmed in the process of creating it. I typically believe in eating as naturally as possible, meaning less processed, however I do use a butter substitute. I use Earth Balance. It has less saturated fat, more poly and monounsaturated fats (the good fats), no cholesterol and is dairy free. It still has nearly the same amount of calories as butter, but I just budget my calories accordingly.
When I weighed nearly 300 lbs, I loved cookies. Really, who doesn’t?! I’ve always loved cookies, almost any and every kind. Even after losing 125 lbs, I still love cookies! The difference is I have made these Healthy Snowball Cookies lower in saturated fat, no cholesterol and vegan. I still count the calories, because it IS a cookie, but if you can’t enjoy cookies then you are dieting and not Intentionally Eating.
These Healthy Snowball Cookies are going to amaze you and your family. They are just the right amount of sweetness, nuttiness and melt in your mouth yum!
Healthy Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together vegan butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined.
- Blend in flour. It will seem dry and sandy, but it will come together as you roll it into cookies.
- Mix in pecans.
- Roll dough into 2 inch balls. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Bake chilled cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool for 5 -10 minutes. Pour remaining powdered sugar into a bowl, roll warm cookies in sugar until coated.
- Place cookies on cooling rack and cool completely. Roll cookies in powdered sugar one more time before serving. Enjoy!
Remember to PIN this for later!
If you want even more Thanksgiving or Holiday recipe ideas, then you will love this Sweet Potato Casserole! YUM!
Did you make these Healthy Snowball Cookies?
Need help on your weight loss journey? Join my Facebook group of Intentional Eaters and find the support you need.