This Black Bean Pumpkin Chili recipe is so simple to make and even easier to eat! Its full of hearty beans and creamy pumpkin to give it a rich and delicious flavor. This Chili is a crowd pleaser since everyone can enjoy its gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan yumminess.
Black Bean Pumpkin Chili is so easy to make and its the perfect meal to warm your body and fill your belly.
I would have never thought to add pumpkin to chili before I lost 125 lbs. I was strictly a meat and potatoes girl and never an adventurous eater. However, once I started losing weight and eating healthier, my tastes became more daring. I never looked back.
Pumpkin in Chili?
I know it sounds a little strange, but trust me the pumpkin flavor isn’t overwhelming, but it adds a rich, creaminess that is delicious. Plus you’ll have the bonus of added nutrition.
Is Pumpkin Good For You?
Healthline states pumpkin contains a good amount of Vitamin A, antioxidants and fiber. Find out more about the benefits of pumpkin HERE.
Black Bean Pumpkin Chili is…
Black Bean Pumpkin Chili
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 15 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- pinch cayenne, salt and pepper
- In a large pot, saute the onions and pepper using water, until softened.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and pumpkin pie spice and saute 1 minute longer. Stirring to coat the vegetables.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, pumpkin and stir to combine. Bring the chili to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add vegetable broth if you like your chili thin or skip the broth if you like it thick.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
If you want more soup recipes to choose from, then check out this Simple 20 Minute Tomato Soup! YUM!
Did you make Black Bean Pumpkin Chili?
NEED HELP ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
JOIN MY FUN-N-FIT GROUP!
28 MINUTE WORKOUTS, 5X’S A WEEK, IN YOUR HOME
HEALTHY EATING PLAN EVERY WEEK
+ THE SUPPORT YOU NEED
FIND OUT MORE –CLICK HERE.
Need help on your weight loss journey? Join my Facebook group of Intentional Eaters and find the support you need.