A quick, easy and satisfying bean soup recipe that is packed with flavors your family will love. This Tuscan Bean Soup can be made in the Instant Pot, so you can have a warm bowl ready in minutes!
Tuscan Bean Soup – Instant Pot
Do you need dinner in a hurry?
If so, you can have this Tuscan Bean Soup on your table within minutes. Best of all it tastes like you cooked it all day!
When I weighed nearly 300 lbs, I loved opening a can of clam chowder. I would eat the entire can myself plus a huge portion of pre-packaged garlic bread. Now that I know better, I make my own soups so I can control the amount of sodium, fat and calories. Plus I love that I’m not ingesting all of the preservatives and chemicals found in store bought soups.
Are Cannellini Beans good for you?
You bet they are! They offer fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin B6, plus they are cholesterol free and that equals heart healthy goodness! White beans like cannellini are loaded with even more cancer fighting fiber than red beans. Want to know more about the benefits of white beans? Click HERE
Can Beans help you lose weight?
Beans not only helps to lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease, but it keeps you feeling full and that helps you eat less and lose weight.
This Tuscan Bean Soup has only 184 calories per serving!
It’s loaded with fiber, vitamin C and folate. You and your guests will love it. I enjoy serving a smaller portion along side a crisp side salad or a big bowl topped with vegan parmesan cheese and a slice of sourdough. Obviously, that will add in fat and calories, so budget wisely and intentionally eat.
You can even freeze this Tuscan Bean Soup!
Save yourself some time, make extra soup and freeze it for a future protein-packed meal. I love these BPA free, Locking Lid Containers for storing leftovers. You could even store individual portions in Mason jars for a quick healthy lunch.
If you do freeze it, I recommend not adding potato or pasta. You can always add those items when you reheat and serve. Check out the tips below for serving information.
How to make Tuscan Bean Soup in an Instant Pot-
Instant Pot Tips-
This recipe is written for a 3 quart Instant Pot. You can adjust it according to the size of your pressure cooker.
Be sure you don’t overfill your instant pot or it will not be able to pressurize.
Be patient. The more food you have in your Instant Pot the longer it will take to pressurize.
I like placing a kitchen towel over the steam release valve, just to protect my wood cabinets and me.
If you choose to use dried beans check out this recipe and you can make several servings for the entire week. It is so cost and time saving!
I like to add either a potato or pasta, but not both, just to make it even more weight loss friendly. The nutrition listed on the recipe is based on adding pasta.
Onto the recipe!
Tuscan Bean Soup - Instant Pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup kale, stemmed removed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 potato, chopped optional
- 1/2 cup penne pasta optional
- Press "Saute" for 3 minutes. Heat oil on high and add the onion continuously stirring. After 2 minutes, add the garlic, basil, parsley and oregano and continue to stir.
- After 3 minutes, the pressure cooker will "keep warm". Add the rest of the ingredients except for salt, pepper and kale.
- Securely lock the pressure cooker's lid, press "Pressure Cook" and cook for 5 minutes.
- After cooking, perform a "quick release" to release the pressure. Be careful and follow manufacturers instructions.
- Stir in the kale, salt and pepper when the pressure cooker allows you to remove the lid. Let the kale soften for 5 minutes and serve.
Remember to PIN this for later!
If you love this soup, check out this Black Bean Soup – Quick & Easy!
It’s fat-free, low calorie and delicious!