These crispy, flaky vegetable samosas stuffed with spicy potato filling take only 10 mins to air fry. Serve this skinnier version samosa with a cilantro dipping sauce and a side salad for a delicious dinner that's satisfying and healthy.
Easy Air Fried Vegetable Samosas
Are you tired of leftovers?
If so, you are going to love these flaky pockets! Fill them with left over mashed potatoes, peas and seasonings for the perfect quick dinner.
I used to love Hot Pockets. You know those frozen snacks that are high calorie and full of chemicals? When I weighed nearly 300 lbs, I would eat them on a regular basis. Ham and Cheese was my go to, but I could chow down on Pepperoni Pizza, too. Now I know better and realize that those types of foods are only going to leave me wanting to eat more because there is very little nutrition.
Are Samosas healthy?
They can be if you fill them with nutritious foods and air fry them. These Easy Air Fried Vegetable Samosas offer potassium, folate, vitamin C, plus they are cholesterol free and that equals heart healthy goodness!
What can I serve with Samosas?
I like to serve these crispy phyllo samosas with a fresh, crisp salad. If you are wanting a heartier meal you could serve them with a vegetable masala or check out some of these great recipes from Samosa Junkie.
These Easy Air Fried Vegetable Samosas have only 64 calories per serving!
Compared to the typical deep fried heavy samosa you are saving a ton of calories! You and your family will love them.
You can even freeze these Easy Air Fried Vegetable Samosas!
Save yourself some time, make extra samosas and freeze them for a future easy lunch or snack. It's your "healthy hot pocket"!
Wrap cooked samosas loosely in foil or plastic and refrigerate for about up to two days. You can freeze them for up to six months by wrapping them in foil and sealing them in plastic. Thaw frozen samosas in the fridge before reheating.
Onto the recipe!
Easy Air Fried Vegetable Samosas
- 1 ½ pounds potatoes, boiled and mashed
- ½ onion, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ - ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 5 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, garam masala and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mashed potatoes, peas, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and heat through for another 2 minutes.
- Unroll the phyllo dough and cover with a damp towel. Peel off one or two sheets and keep the remaining dough covered.
- Lay the sheets flat and cut into thirds lengthwise. Lightly brush them with olive oil. Place 2 Tbsp of the filling at the end of the strip. Take the left corner and fold diagonally to the right. Continue folding making triangles until you reach the end. (Just like folding a flag).
- Brush the entire outside of the triangle with olive oil and seal it.
- Air Fry for approximately 10 minutes at 320 degrees or until golden and crisp, checking after 5 minutes and turning if necessary.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce or with chopped cilantro and enjoy!
Remember to PIN this for later!
Try this Cilantro Dipping Sauce with your Samosas!
If you are looking for a fast dinner, check out this Skinny Taco Soup!
Did you make these Easy Air Fried Vegetable Samosas?
Looking for an air fryer? I like this one.
NEED HELP ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY?
JOIN MY FUN-N-FIT GROUP!
28 MINUTE WORKOUTS, 5X’S A WEEK
HEALTHY EATING PLAN EVERY WEEK
+ THE SUPPORT YOU NEED
FIND OUT MORE –CLICK HERE.