Spicy Cranberry Salsa
This spicy cranberry salsa is tangy, zippy, sweet, easy to make and everything you could ask for. You guests will devour it and ask for more.
Are you looking for a healthy alternative to take to Thanksgiving and holiday parties? Look no further! You have found it!
I admit I love cranberries. I love the gelled goo that holds the shape of the can. I get a kick out of hearing it suction away from the can and plop into the serving dish. But, do you know how much sugar is in that can?
Depending on the brand you buy it can have around 22 grams of sugar! Whoa! That’s a lot of sugar and a lot of calories!
So, I decided to make a healthy cranberry dish and this is it – Spicy Cranberry Salsa.
Jaw puckering cranberry tangy
with just a hint of sweetness….. YUM!
It has less sugar (14 grams per serving) and more fiber than the store bought gel. Plus it has HEAT! If you are watching your calorie intake and wanting to lose weight, then you know the more flavor the better.
Spicy Cranberry Salsa
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 onion
- 1 jalapeno seeded if you don't want it too spicy
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar could also use monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated fresh
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine cranberries, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, lime juice, sugar, ginger and salt in a food processor. Process to desired consistency. Refrigerate if not using immediately. Best if served at room temperature.
- Serve with cinnamon tortilla chips, crackers, graham crackers or pita chips. You can also serve over non-dairy cream cheese.
Serving suggestions – you could try stevia or monkfruit sweetener instead of sugar and cut the calories ENORMOUSLY! You could also add fresh pineapple for a sweet acidity that is amazing!
Your friends and family are going to LOVE it, especially if you serve it with these Cinnamon Tortilla Chips!
If you are looking for more holiday faves check these out –
and if you need some help through the holidays –
Need help on your weight loss journey? Join the Facebook group of Intentional Eaters and find the support you need.
Enjoy and Intentionally Eat,