This is the Tastiest Vegan Stuffing for your Thanksgiving or Christmas gathering. This holiday recipe will remind you of the traditional savory stuffing you grew up with, but this one is full of wholesome, healthy ingredients that your family will love!
The Tastiest Vegan Stuffing
This Tastiest Vegan Stuffing has no cholesterol and is an amazing accompaniment to your holiday dinner!
If you need another delicious dish to go with this plant-based recipe give this Spicy Cranberry Salsa a try. Its spicy, sweet and easy to make.
What is stuffing made of?
Typically stuffing, filling or dressing (whatever you prefer to call it) consists of breadcrumbs, celery, onion, spices, and broth. This Tastiest Vegan Stuffing includes cornbread as well. I like the texture of mixing the breadcrumbs and corn bread. It takes a little longer to make, but its definitely worth it.
What is the difference between stuffing and dressing?
One major difference, stuffing is typically stuffed into a turkey or chicken and then cooked, while dressing is cooked separate. Since this is a vegan recipe its definitely not going to go into an animal. I should call it dressing, but most people use the word stuffing, so that's what I'm going with.
When I weighed nearly 300 lbs, I loved Thanksgiving dinner. Really, who doesn't?! I've always loved the sides and desserts, and the turkey was just an afterthought. Even after losing 125 lbs, I still love the sides, especially the stuffing! The difference is I have made it lower in calorie, no cholesterol and plant based.
This Tastiest Vegan Stuffing is going to amaze you and your family. Its a mix of savory, satisfying and herby goodness.
The Tastiest Vegan Stuffing
- 1 pan cornbread
- 1 loaf italian or french bread - cubed and dried
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 celery stalks, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth https://intentionallyeat.com/vegetable-bouillon-powder/
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the cornbread.
- Cut the bread and cornbread into cubes and allow it to air dry for 24 hours.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion, celery and mushrooms in a large skillet over medium heat with a little vegetable broth. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add the rest of the broth, parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and remove from heat.
- Place the bread crumbs in a large bowl and slowly ladle the broth mixture over it. Toss as you go, testing to see if all of the crumbs are moist. Tasting to see if you want more seasoning.
- Place the stuffing in a 9 x 13 pan or large casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Remember to PIN this for later!
If you want even more Thanksgiving or Holiday recipe ideas, then you will love this Sweet Potato Casserole! YUM!
Did you make the Tastiest Vegan Stuffing?
Need help on your weight loss journey? Join my Facebook group of Intentional Eaters and find the support you need.