Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Maple Mustard Vinaigrette has thinly sliced raw brussels sprouts and cabbage, plus apple and a maple mustard dressing for added sweetness. This slaw is topped with chopped pecans for extra crunch. It will be a hit at your gathering!
Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Maple Mustard Vinaigrette
When I weighed nearly 300 lbs, I thought KFC’s coleslaw was a healthy choice. Now I realize 1 cup has 17 grams of fat, including some trans fat. It also has 26 grams of sugar, that’s 6.5 teaspoons of sugar per cup! Yikes!
You can make your own coleslaw and still keep it sweet, crunchy and delicious. The apples in this slaw help provide that sweetness and crunch that satisfies. So delish!
Are Brussels Sprouts good for you?
Brussels Sprouts are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, making them a great addition to your diet. They may also help reduce the risk of cancer, decrease inflammation and improve blood sugar control. Want to know the 10 ways Brussels Sprouts benefit your health? Click HERE
This Brussels Sprouts Slaw has only 99 calories per serving!
It’s loaded with fiber, vitamin K and C and iron. I enjoy serving a big portion along side a Porcini Pecan Vegan Burger, they make the perfect potluck duo. You and your guests will love it!
Enough about how great the burgers are and
Onto the recipe!
This Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Mustard Maple Vinaigrette is…
Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Mustard Maple Vinaigrette
- 1 dozen Brussels Sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast pecans 6-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together brussels sprouts, cabbage, green onions, carrot, and apple. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over slaw and toss.
- Top slaw with toasted pecans and enjoy!
Remember to PIN this for later!
EAT TO LOSE!
If you love this slaw for your picnic, check out this Sweet Potato Salad!
Products I like to make this Brussels Sprouts Slaw –
Want more Vegan BBQ Recipes?
Hey, I’m Cindy! I used to be morbidly obese! I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a family history of heart disease and cancer.
Slowly, I began to steadily change my habits and nourish my body with a plant-based diet. Now, I weigh 125 lbs less, my blood pressure is 110/70, no more high cholesterol, and best of all – no medications!
If you’re interested in how I did it and if it will work for you, check out How to Start a Plant-Based Diet.
Or if you just want to dip your toe into plant-based eating… snack smart with one of these fantastic recipes for FREE!
Grab your FREE Plant-Based Snacks, Smoothies, & Desserts mini-cookbook now!