Easy Spring Rolls
These fresh, healthy and deliciously Easy Spring Rolls are great as a snack, appetizer, lunch or even a light dinner. Tired of the same old sandwich for lunch? These rolls are a great way to save calories, use up those last bits of veggies and stop the boring lunch!
Are you wondering if Spring Rolls are healthy?
These Easy Spring Rolls are almost 50% less calories and fat than their crispy counterparts. They are a fantastic way to eat raw vegetables, especially if you are tired of salads. Plus, the fact that they are about 30 calories each should get them on your grocery shopping list.
Do Spring Rolls have meat in them?
Some do, but these Easy Spring Rolls do not. You could add tofu for some great added protein. The great thing about spring rolls is you can use whatever you have on hand. You can use those last bits of broccoli, bell pepper or even rice. I’ve even made a hummus, red bell pepper, cucumber and kalamata olive spring roll. Seriously good!
Easy Spring Rolls
- 4 rice wrappers
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 oz thin rice noodles
- a handful cilantro
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and remove from heat. Drain when ready to place in spring rolls.
- Fill a large container with warm water. Dip a wrapper into the hot water for a few seconds. Lay wrapper flat.
- Place 1/4 of all of the ingredients horizontally in the center making sure to leave 2 inches bare on each side for folding.
- Fold the sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper beginning with the side furthest away and rolling towards you.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
I love this recipe and make extra every time. If you make extra cover them with a damp paper towel, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate. The wrapper might become tough, so dampen your hands and gently moisten them. I recommend you eat them within 24 hours for the best taste and texture.
I enjoy dipping these into this Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce! It’s creamy and zippy!
I also love this Cilantro Dipping Sauce! It’s so fresh and herb-y!