This Super Sweet Potato Salad is an amazing twist on traditional potato salad. It's full of sweet, tangy flavor and is a hit at potlucks and picnics!
Are you tired of the same old potato salad? You will love this healthy variation!
This colorful Super Sweet Potato Salad is as delicious to eat as it is gorgeous to look at! I don't know about you, but I love sweet potatoes. I'm not referring to the abomination some of us serve at Thanksgiving - the smothered in marshmallow mush. I'm talking about baked, fried, or mashed sweet potatoes. If you have never tried them without their gooey holiday covering, then I suggest trying this recipe. You won't regret it!
Health benefits of sweet potatoes -
You get more than just beta-carotene with these beauties. They are a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, manganese, calcium, potassium, iron, Vitamin B6 and fiber. Wow! What a powerhouse!
Did you know that sweet potatoes are on the Clean 15 list? That means you can safely buy the ones that are conventionally grown without fear of ingesting tons of pesticides. That being said, I still buy organic when I can.
If you want to know more about Clean 15 and the Dirty 12 (think pesticides) get my free Grocery Shopping List
check out my book - Small Bites, Big Results: A Common Sense Guide to Weight Loss where I go into more detail.
Let's get to the salad!
Super Sweet Potato Salad
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup eggless mayo I like Vegenaise
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork or knife 5 or 6 times. Place them on a microwave safe plate and cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the size of the sweet potatoes. Cool until easy to handle. Peel, then cut into chunks.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayo and mustard.
- Add the sweet potatoes, celery, bell pepper, onion and pineapple. Toss gently. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Season with parsley, salt & pepper. Serve cold and enjoy!
Have you ever added sweet potato to a smoothie? Try this: a little avocado, almond milk, a little cooked sweet potato, a dash of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add a few dates for sweetness and you have an awesome sweet potato smoothie!
If you liked this recipe you will love these salads -
Need help on your weight loss journey? Join my Facebook group of Intentional Eaters and find the support you need.