These taquitos are full of vegetables and flavor! Best of all they are baked! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4″ dice
- 5 mushrooms or 1 portabella, cut into 1/4″ dice
- ½ small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper (or poblano pepper), cut into 1/4″ dice
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan pepper Jack cheese or dairy pepper jack cheese
- Corn tortillas
- Salsa, guacamole, and/or vegan sour cream
- Heat oven to 450*F.
- Heat olive oil in a large sautée pan. Add the zucchini, mushroom, onion, garlic, bell or poblano pepper, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne. Cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Add the spinach and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until spinach wilts and liquid cooks off. Remove from heat.
- Spoon vegetables onto the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese; roll tortilla tightly around filling. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet. Spray or brush with olive oil and bake 10 minutes or until bottom is golden brown; turn and bake 5 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with salsa, guac, and/or sour cream for dipping.