This Dairy Free Healthy Ranch Dressing is not just for salads, you can dip veggies, dip pizza, or dip what ever your heart desires! Best of all it is low fat, low calorie and dairy free, so you can enjoy every creamy bite.
I used to love ranch dip, you know the kind in the plastic tub. It was thick and creamy and tons of calories!
When I weighed nearly 300 lbs , I would dip vegetables in that popular brand and think I was eating healthy because after all, I was eating veggies! Little did I know then that two tablespoons had 110 calories and 12 grams of fat!
Once I started on my weight loss journey and got serious about counting calories (yes, you have to count calories if you want to lose weight – I simplify it for you in my book HERE), I decided to make my own ranch dressing and make it as healthy as possible.
Remember to PIN this for later!
How do you make Ranch without milk?
It’s so easy you won’t believe it! I add 2 Tablespoons of this dry ranch seasoning mix to non-dairy yogurt or vegan mayo and a few other ingredients and you have a creamy dairy free ranch dressing.
Onto the good stuff!
Dairy Free Healthy Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup non dairy yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp homemade dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pour apple cider vinegar into non dairy milk and let it set for 5 minutes to become more "buttermilk" like.
- In a large mason jar or container, place yogurt, mayo and homemade dry ranch seasoning mix and whisk together.
- Add "buttermilk" and blend. Store in refrigerator and enjoy.
Tips for enjoying this Dairy Free Healthy Ranch Dressing
- add more “buttermilk” or water if you want to save even more calories and/or have a thinner consistency
- soy milk will “curdle” and become more “buttermilk” like when you add apple cider vinegar, but other non-dairy milks won’t. It doesn’t matter you can enjoy any of them and you will still achieve a flavorful dressing
Try the Homemade Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix in this Skinny Taco Soup!
If you liked this Ranch dip, check out this Creamy Fruit Salsa recipe!