Share and Spread Healthy Recipes!
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales at no expense to you.
This vegan ranch dressing recipe is not just for salads, you can dip your favorite veggies, french fries, pizza, buffalo cauliflower wings, or whatever your heart desires! Best of all it is nut free, gluten free, and dairy free, so you can enjoy every creamy bite.
- Why you’ll love this creamy vegan ranch
- How to make the best creamy vegan ranch dressing
- The Best Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Best Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Tips for the best dairy free ranch
- If you like this recipe you may also like these
- Recommended tools to make this vegan ranch dressing recipe
I used to love traditional ranch dressings and dips, you know the kind in the plastic tub. It was thick and creamy and had tons of calories!
When I weighed nearly 300 lbs , I would dip vegetables in that popular brand and think I was eating healthy because, after all, I was eating fresh veggies! Little did I know then how it was loaded with fat and calories!
Once I started on my weight loss journey and got serious about counting calories (yes, you have to count calories if you want to lose weight – I simplify it for you in my book), I decided to make my own homemade ranch dressing and make it as healthy as possible.
It now has become the most popular dressing at Intentionally Eat. Here’s what people have to say –
Grab your FREE Plant-Based Snacks, Smoothies, & Desserts mini-cookbook now!
Why you’ll love this creamy vegan ranch
- Better than classic ranch: This is the perfect replacement for typical ranch salad dressing. It has a creamy base and is full of flavor from dried herbs like garlic powder, onion powder, and dried dill.
- Simple to make: It only takes about 5 minutes to whip up a batch of the best vegan ranch dressing you’ll ever try.
- Nut-free: No nuts, so there is no need for raw cashews with this vegan ranch recipe. You can use vegan mayonnaise and dairy-free yogurt to give it a creamy texture.
- Versatile: Simply add more plant milk to make it a vegan salad dressing or less to make it a dipping sauce. It’s a great option for dipping celery sticks and raw veggies, or even adding to veggie burgers for a little zip. If you like to dip, this non dairy ranch is for you!
How do you make creamy ranch dressing without milk?
It’s so easy to make ranch dressing dairy-free that you won’t believe it! Just add 2 Tablespoons of this dry ranch seasoning mix to non-dairy yogurt and vegan mayo and a few other ingredients and you have a creamy dairy-free ranch dressing.
What is vegan ranch dressing made of?
Vegan ranch dressing is made using a combination of ingredients that are plant-based and dairy-free. This recipe includes vegan mayo as the base, which provides a creamy texture. You can choose between using vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream to add tanginess to the dressing.
To achieve that classic ranch flavor, you’ll need a dry dairy free ranch seasoning mix, and this is the one I created.
By adding a splash of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to plant-based milk you make a vegan buttermilk that gives it a slight tang and brightness.
Finally, dried or fresh dill is included to infuse the dressing with its distinct herbaceous flavor. With these ingredients, you can whip up a delicious vegan ranch dressing to enjoy with your favorite salads, veggies, or snacks.
Is Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix vegan?
No, that’s why I created this dairy free ranch seasoning mix recipe.
How many calories in Ranch dressing?
The number of calories in ranch dressing can vary depending on the brand and recipe. On average, a serving size of ranch dressing, which is typically 2 tablespoons (30g), contains approximately 140-150 calories. However, it’s important to note that different brands may have slight variations in calorie content.
The great thing about this vegan ranch dressing recipe which uses plant-based ingredients, it only has approximately 64 calories.
How many carbs in ranch dressing?
Ranch dressing usually has 2-3 carbs per serving, which is around 2 tablespoons. However, the exact amount can vary depending on the brand. If you’re watching your carb intake, it’s a good idea to check the nutrition label.
This creamy vegan ranch has 4 carbs per 2 tablespoons.
How long does homemade ranch last in the fridge?
Homemade ranch dressing typically lasts for about 1 to 2 weeks when stored properly in the refrigerator. However, it’s important to note that the exact shelf life may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the overall cleanliness of the preparation.
To ensure its freshness and quality, it’s recommended to store the dressing in a tightly sealed container or airtight jar. If you notice any changes in smell, appearance, or texture, it’s best to discard the dressing to avoid any potential food safety issues.
EAT TO LOSE!
How to make the best creamy vegan ranch dressing
- Prep and Measure Your Ingredients – gather ingredients and measure them
- Make “Buttermilk” – Pour apple cider vinegar or lemon juice into non-dairy milk, mix and set aside to allow it to “curdle”.
- Mix- In a large mason jar or airtight container, place non-dairy yogurt, vegan mayo, and homemade dry ranch seasoning mix and whisk together.
- Combine Ingredients -Add vegan buttermilk to the ranch mixture and blend. Store in refrigerator and enjoy.
The Best Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe
Best Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup non-dairy yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp homemade dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Pour apple cider vinegar into non-dairy milk and let it set for 5 minutes to become more "buttermilk" like.
- In a large mason jar or airtight container, place yogurt, mayo, dried dill, and homemade dry ranch seasoning mix and whisk together.
- Add “buttermilk” and blend. Store in refrigerator and enjoy.
Tips for the best dairy free ranch
- add more “buttermilk” or water if you want to save even more calories and/or have a thinner consistency
- soy milk will “curdle” and become more “buttermilk” like when you add apple cider vinegar, but other non-dairy kinds of milk like rice milk won’t. It doesn’t matter you can enjoy any of them and you will still achieve a flavorful dressing. Be sure to use unsweetened versions of whichever dairy-free milk you choose.
If you like this recipe you may also like these
- Skinny Taco Soup – you add the same dairy free ranch seasoning mix to make this soup taste amazing!
- Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Creamy Fruit Salsa Dip
- Spicy Cranberry Salsa
- Simple Salsa Verde
Pin this Vegan Ranch Dip for later!
Recommended tools to make this vegan ranch dressing recipe
Grab your FREE Plant-Based Snacks, Smoothies, & Desserts mini-cookbook now!
Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a medical professional. The information provided on this blog is based on my personal experiences and research as a vegan recipe enthusiast. While I strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information, it is important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional or a registered dietitian before making any significant changes to your diet, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or concerns. The recipes and tips shared on this blog are meant for general informational purposes and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice. Always prioritize your health and well-being by seeking personalized guidance from a qualified healthcare provider.