Share and spread healthy recipes!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales at no expense to you.
This incredible savory breakfast recipe uses JUST Egg, your favorite vegetables, and a pie crust for the most delicious vegan quiche recipe without tofu ever. It comes together in under 10 minutes and will be a hit at your next brunch, special occasion, or even a quick healthy weeknight dinner.
Serve this tofu free quiche with a side salad, roasted potatoes, or steamed asparagus for a delicious meal.
How I start my day sets the tone for the rest of the day. Are you the same?
If I eat a healthy breakfast, I will typically follow up with a healthy lunch and dinner. Plus, if I have eaten healthy all day I have the energy to workout or go for a walk.
But, if I indulge in something processed or unhealthy first thing in the morning, I fight junk food cravings all day.
For me, a healthy breakfast is one with good plant-based protein. I would love to eat a bagel or the “old me” (before I lost 125 pounds) would love to eat Pop-Tarts for breakfast, but that sets me up for crazy carb cravings ALL day.
My perfect breakfast looks something like today’s Vegan Quiche Recipe Without Tofu. And bonus points – this quiche recipe is such a simple recipe. Everyone will think you took hours to make it, but who has time for that?! I’ve got enough going on just trying to run a business and feed my husband to bother with anything more than easy breakfast recipes. (And I’m guessing you are the same!)
A pre-made pie crust will save you time and effort, but if you happen to have the time a homemade crust will take your quiche to a whole different level.
The nice thing about this eggless quiche is that you can adjust the filling ingredients to your own taste. We love baby spinach, mushrooms, red peppers, caramelized onions, cherry tomatoes, and asparagus, or come up with your own favorites.
Grab your FREE Plant-Based Snacks, Smoothies, & Desserts mini-cookbook now!
Why you will love this vegan quiche recipe without tofu
- Easy-peasy: This recipe is a breeze to whip up! No complicated tofu handling or messing with a tofu press, find a bottle of Just Egg product at your local grocery store. It’s perfect for those busy days when you want a tasty meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
- This perfect quiche has a delightful texture and taste, making it hard to believe it’s entirely plant-based. You’ll enjoy every mouthful of this savory goodness with all the classic quiche flavors you crave.
- Not only is this a great recipe that is scrumptious, but you can also customize it with your favorite veggies and seasonings. Let your creativity shine and make it uniquely yours!
If you like this vegan recipe you may also like these vegan breakfasts:
- Ultimate Healthy Overnight French Toast
- Simple Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
- Homemade Oatmeal Packets
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
or these Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins with a crunchy streusel topping.
Vegan quiche key ingredients
You can find the full printable recipe, including ingredient quantities below. But first, here are some explanations of ingredients and steps to help you make this recipe perfect every time.
What really makes this tofu-free Vegan Quiche Recipe so unique is the simple list of ingredients and the ability to customize it with your favorite veggies.
- Pie Crust – You can make a homemade pie crust or use a store-bought crust and save time.
- Just Egg – plant-based product – It looks, cooks, and tastes like eggs, but it’s made from plants. You can find it in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores.
- Vegetables – add your favorites, but pat them dry to remove excess moisture.
- Vegan Cheese – non-dairy parmesan cheese adds a nice savory flavor to this quiche.
- Seasonings – garlic powder, onion powder, black salt, and pepper bring out the best flavors.
How to make this Easy Vegan Quiche Recipe (Without Tofu)
Step One: Prep and Measure Your Ingredients – I suggest patting dry the vegetables if they are wet.
Step Two: Pricking the Pie Crust – With a fork, prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust, then sprinkle with non-dairy cheese. Set aside.
Step Three: Combine Ingredients -In a large bowl, combine JUST Egg and seasonings. Stir until combined and then pour into pie shell.
Step Four: Add the Veggies – You can add the vegetables during step 3, however, I like adding them after pouring the liquid in order to create a design. Next place the vegetables in the liquid and be sure to press them down to ensure they are covered with JUST Egg.
Step Five: Bake – Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. The center will most likely have a very slight jiggle, but the edges will be set. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Variations for the Best Vegan Quiche Recipe
- Serve with hot sauce for a little heat.
- Add in 1-2 vegan sausage links, vegan sausage patties, or vegan bacon, chopped.
- Use kale, arugula, or fresh basil instead of spinach.
EAT TO LOSE!
Troubleshooting and FAQ’s
What Can I Substitute for Eggs in a Quiche?
You could use silken tofu for an eggless quiche, however, this recipe uses plant-based JUST Egg. It looks, cooks, and tastes like traditional eggs, but it’s made from plants and is great for anyone eating a vegan diet. You can find it in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores.
According to the JUST Egg website -JUST Egg is made from mung beans, which contain a protein that tastes and scrambles like eggs. The mung bean is a protein-rich legume that has been cultivated around the world for thousands of years and is a staple in many global cuisines. Mung beans are a sustainable crop and are rich in potassium, magnesium, and dietary fiber. JUST Egg gets its egg-yolk golden color naturally from turmeric and carrot.
What Can I Substitute for Milk in a Quiche?
A traditional quiche recipe typically includes heavy cream or milk, but it’s very simple to substitute plant-based milk in most recipes. You can use an equivalent amount of soy milk or almond milk or your favorite non-dairy milk, however, this recipe doesn’t require any milk.
How Many Calories Are in a Vegan Quiche?
This vegan quiche recipe without tofu has 258 calories per serving. However, different crusts, or a crustless quiche, and variations will change the calorie count.
How Do You Make a Quiche Without a Soggy Bottom?
If this were a classic quiche you would need to par-bake the crust. However, this veggie quiche doesn’t require it. Just prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork and sprinkle it with vegan cheese before pouring in the vegan quiche filling.
Mistakes to avoid when making this Easy Vegan Quiche Recipe Without Tofu
1. Using vegetables that are too wet.
You want to avoid excess liquid, so when adding vegetables, make sure they are as dry as possible. You can include sauteed vegetables, however, I think raw vegetables work wonderfully in this recipe.
Follow This Tip: Make sure your fillings are as dry as possible. Be sure to use fresh spinach and not frozen in order to eliminate excess moisture.
2. Leaving it in the oven too long.
Baking time is important. This quiche will jiggle ever so slightly when it’s time to pull it out of the oven. If you overbake it, you’ll end up with a drier quiche. Bake it until the edges are set, but there is still a tiny wiggle in the center. You will know it’s fully cooked when a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Remember, it will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven.
3. Baking it on the top rack.
Placing your delicious quiche on the bottom rack will ensure that you have the perfect flaky crust, even the bottom, will get golden brown and crisp.
Follow This Tip: Place your quiche on the bottom rack of the oven so that the pie crust becomes golden brown. If the crust appears to be browning too quickly, simply place aluminum foil loosely over it or this awesome Pie Crust Shield.
4. Not Getting a Vegan Pie Crust.
If you are using a store-bought pie crust, be sure to look at the ingredients list and make sure that it is vegan. If you have questions about how to read ingredient lists and whether or not an item is a vegan version, check out this article.
EASY VEGAN QUICHE RECIPE (WITHOUT TOFU)
Easy Vegan Quiche Recipe (Without Tofu)
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 bottle JUST Egg
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup non-dairy parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped Optional – top with green onions before serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust with a fork and sprinkle with non-dairy parmesan.
- In a large bowl, add the JUST Egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Place vegetables into the mixture in the pie shell making sure vegetables are coated with liquid mixture. Create a design, if desired.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Garnish with green onions. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe remember to leave a 5 star rating and let me know how it went in the below comments, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see all my delicious recipes.
Recommended tools to make this vegan quiche recipe:
Grab your FREE Plant-Based Snacks, Smoothies, & Desserts mini-cookbook now!
Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a medical professional. The information provided on this blog is based on my personal experiences and research as a vegan recipe enthusiast. While I strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information, it is important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional or a registered dietitian before making any significant changes to your diet, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or concerns. The recipes and tips shared on this blog are meant for general informational purposes and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice. Always prioritize your health and well-being by seeking personalized guidance from a qualified healthcare provider.